Thank you for your interest in TRE for Africa.
You may use the contact form below for any questions but
- If you are a certified TRE® Provider seeking information on how to get membership and your profile on the website, please click here : INFORMATION FOR CERTIFIED PROVIDERS
- If you are looking for TRE Training and cannot find the info under ‘TRE Provider Training’ tab, please include your province of residence in your question below. Thank you
TRE® FOR AFRICA FOUNDATION was established in 2015 by a group of TRE® Certification Trainers in South Africa in an effort to share this valuable tool with the people of South Africa and throughout the African continent.
Our administration is based in Hillcrest, KwaZulu Natal
TRE® FOR AFRICA FOUNDATION aims to support people within South African and the African continent, by providing individuals and communities with the necessary skills to recover and heal themselves following traumatic events.
HEALTH CARE AND SUPPORT
The Trust will be involved in activities that promote the provision of TRE to all peoples within South Africa and the African continent. This will be accomplished in the following ways:
- To bring knowledge of and training in the method of TRE to towns, regions, provinces and into other African countries.
- To establish a group of volunteers among certified TRE Practitioners who can provide disaster relief to people in areas affected by traumatic events.
- Distribute information on TRE to the public via various media outlets, and arrange events for the public to attend to demonstrate the value of TRE.
- The Trust will forge connections with Government/NGO departments and structures in South Africa and other African countries to coordinate public awareness workshops.
- Register with local Government Departments as a provider of health services.
The Trust will work towards providing support to all people within South Africa and the African continent, with the initial specific focus on the following:
- Introducing high risk groups, which include, among others, members of the police force, emergency workers, social workers, veterans, psychologists, counsellors and volunteers as well as schools and rehabilitation centres to TRE®.
- Teaching TRE® to vulnerable and abused individuals, survivors of trauma such as natural disasters, violent attacks, home invasions and other traumatic incidents.
- Seeking collaboration with other NGO’s and NPO’s who can assist in identifying individuals/communities who need this care the most.
THE BOARD (April 2019)
Desiree English – Cape Town (contact details)
Susanne Thomas – Durban (contact details)
Dr Erika Coertzen – Tzaneen (contact details)
TRE FOR AFRICA FOUNDATION is a Non-Profit Organisation NPO Number 154-971-NPO – Registered with the Magistrate’s Court in Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu Natal – Letter of Authority/Trust Deed and SARS Registration No IT000156/2015(N). TFA is based in KwaZulu Natal and administered by the Charity Division of EWING TRUST Inc., Hillcrest 3610. PBO Tax exemption and BEE points are available for donors. Copies of all relevant certificates and a 2 year audit statement can be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com
Due to the issue of SPAM and BOTS using e-mail addresses from ‘Contact’ pages, we ask you kindly to use the form below to contact us !
If you have questions regarding finding a TRE Provider , a TRE group, Workshop or TRE Certification training PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR TOWN AND PROVINCE OF RESIDENCE so we can help you.
THANK YOU !